Shipping and Handling Costs
Congratulations on your new safe purchase!
Special Order Liberty Safe, Valor Safe, Rhino Metals, Browning, and American Security products, including but not limited to out-of-stock items, ship as soon as possible, but may take up to 16 weeks to arrive at our facility from the respective manufacturer.
There are six ways to get your new safe home.
1) Onsite Pickup: There is no charge for safe pickup at one of our Spartan Safe Showrooms. Please bring some friends or family with you so you have enough muscle to safely load your new safe onto your sturdy vehicle. Our staff is not responsible for loading or protecting your safe during the pickup process.
2) Curbside Delivery: Within 50 miles of a local showroom, Spartan Safe will deliver and drop-off your new safe curbside for only $175. Our delivery team will unload your item(s) and place them in the first dry area available, such as the end of your driveway. Drivers will unpack your safe and show you how to operate the lock. Drivers will not remove the safe from the pallet, but will remove and dispose of packing materials. Make sure you are prepared to get the safe inside your home/garage upon arrival, as our delivery teams are not permitted to enter your home, garage, or any structure during a free curbside delivery, no matter how close it is to the drop off point.
3) Garage Delivery: Within 50 miles of a Spartan Showroom, Spartan Safe will deliver and install your safe in your garage for $250. Your garage must be easily accessible and attached to the driveway (no basements, stairs, small openings, or yards to traverse). Garage delivery includes removing your safe from the pallet, leveling your safe, set up, and education on lock operation. It also includes unpacking, removal, and disposal of packing materials. Bolt down and risers are available for an additional $50 fee (each).
4) First Floor Delivery: Within 50 miles of a Spartan Showroom, Spartan Safe will deliver and install your safe on a “first floor” level for $325. Any area that is accessible by having to traverse NO MORE than 3 interior or exterior stairs (total), is considered to be “first floor.” This includes porch or entryway stairs, garage stairs, interior stairs, etc. going up or down. First floor delivery includes removing your safe from the pallet, leveling your safe, set up, and education on lock operation. It also includes unpacking, removal, and disposal of packing materials. Bolt down and risers are available for an additional $50 fee (each).
5) Second Floor / Custom Install Delivery: Deliveries that require moving your new safe to an interior room, up or down stairs 4 or more stairs, require a custom quote, after or at the time of purchase. This service is also only available within 50 miles of a Spartan Safe Showroom. We will start by charging a base price based on weight, then asses additional charges based on the difficulty of the installation. Custom delivery includes removing your safe from the pallet, leveling your safe, set up, and education on lock operation. It also includes unpacking, removal, and disposal of packing materials. Bolt down and risers are available for an additional $50 fee (each).
6) Nationwide Curbside Freight: For deliveries over 60 miles from a showroom (some exceptions may apply) Nationwide Curbside Freight takes anywhere between 7-14 days to arrive after your order has been processed, and is in stock or has arrived at our warehouse from the manufacturer. Nationwide curbside freight is delivered via third-party carrier to your curb on a truck with a liftgate.
If you live on a dead end street, cul de sac, or island- the carrier may not be able to get close enough to drop the safe directly on your curb. They will drop it at the closest point that is accessible or deliver to a hub for pick up.
Our carrier will call you in advance to schedule delivery. It is important that you are responsive and keep your delivery date.
Keep in mind, safes are heavy, and the driver’s responsibility ends at your curb or closest accessible point. Make sure you are prepared to get the safe inside your home/garage upon arrival.
Upon receipt of your order, YOU MUST document any damage to the product and/or packaging prior to signing the delivery receipt. We recommend taking a photo of the completed delivery receipt to document any notes you may have added.
If you do not document damage to the item or packaging on the delivery receipt, you release the carrier and Spartan Safe from all responsibility for damages.
We take photos of each order before it leaves to ensure that the product is not damaged prior to shipping.
Minor scuffs, bumps, and tears on the packaging are normal. However, you should still notate the location and description of the damage. We recommend that you take photos of the packaging prior to removal and signing the delivery receipt. Small nicks or scratches can usually be repaired with touch-up paint, which we can provide.
If your safe appears to have been damaged severely (large dents/scratches or damage that impacts the operation or integrity of the safe) during transit, we recommend that you refuse the shipment. Most safes ship in an upright position. If your safe arrives lying down, please contact us immediately.
*General Disclaimer: In some rare cases such as difficult terrain, extra stairs, or mileage outside of the specified store radius, additional delivery fees may apply. All fees would be discussed, agreed upon, and paid for before delivery so there are no surprises to the customer along the way.